Sex. It's such an important part of one's relationship...And yet, is it really?
What makes sex so important in a couple's life? You can have sex with
anybody in this world and have it physically feel just as good as it does with your significant other. The physical
attributions in a relationship used to mean a lot to me, but that was
until I found myself sharing my life with somebody who cared only about the physical. I put forth all of the efforts in my body to
make a man happy, and yet nothing that I did ever made a difference in his mind. He forgot all
about the emotional aspects, and that's when things began to crumble.
Sex
no longer seems as relevant to keeping a relationship together as I
used to think that it did. I have grown to be so much more attracted to the emotions of a person, rather than with what I see on the outside. That being said, my
feelings towards sex have definitely changed. It is said that you
can't get any closer to a person than when you are having sex with them, but is that
really true? Yes, your body can come together with another's body to form one,
but what about your souls? If you are lucky enough to experience it, you can be
connected to somebody's soul without a single touch. That is how I am reassured of my connection with another person, not from sleeping with them. You can lay
your head on many pillows, but you can't lay your heart on many souls.
Having
been cheated on numerous times with my most recent relationship, it has
shown me how sex can be a good thing and a bad thing. Don't get me
wrong, I enjoy having sex just as much as the next, but I no longer see
it as a number one priority in a relationship. They say to "never let
your man leave the house hungry or horny", but why should women feel the need to worry about a man cheating on us if we don't have sex
with him for a day or two? The most sad thing about that statement is that I would rarely ever let my ex-boyfriend
"leave the house horny", and yet he still managed to get lost in other
women. If it was that easy to wonder off and have sex with women besides myself, what made sex so important in our relationship? That situation made sex have absolutely no value in our lives, and it's
what makes me question how valuable sex is in any relationship now.
If
I feel emotionally attracted to somebody for who they are on the
inside, that alone will make me want them physically. Without that,
sex means nothing to me. I have had one night stands. After those lonely nights spent with stranger, I was able to easily
get up and walk out when it was all done, feeling no connection
whatsoever. If a man is unable to give me the emotional connection that I
need, then I cannot give him the physical attention that he may insist
that he needs. This, along with the cheating, is what crushed my last
relationship into the ground. Sex shouldn't be considered an entitlement
just because you are in a relationship with somebody. If you have to
work hard on every other aspect of the relationship to keep everything
sailing smoothly, you should also have to work for the physical as well.
Without the emotional, there will be no meaningful physical...
No comments:
Post a Comment